I haven’t done Six for Sunday for ages but it was the first ever meme that I took part in so I thought it was time to get involved again. Six for Sunday is the brainchild of Steph and has been running since 2017. All of the prompts and details can be found on her blog https://alittlebutalot.com/sixforsunday/.
The prompt for this Sunday is bookish resolutions so here goes:
- Read more non fiction. I’m currently reading Clare Tomalin’s biography of H G Wells and I have the Abandoned Places book on order from the library so that’s a good start.
2. Keep my NetGalley review rating at over 80% This means resisting the temptation to request every book that looks slightly interesting or that I see recommended by other people. 😃
3. Read more diversely. I guess this is partly linked to Number 1 but also to try and read a wider range of authors. I read a lot of books with LGBT characters but I think I could do a lot better on reading authors from non white and non European/USA backgrounds.
4. Actually read my physical TBR pile. I never used to have unread books for more than about a week but somehow, I’ve managed to acquire a pile of nearly 20 books
5. Not buy any more books until I have achieved number 4 (or at least partly). Hmm. We’ll see how long that one lasts😘
6. Keep a physical reading journal. I log my books on Goodreads but don’t generally review them unless it’s for Net Galley. I thought it might be nice to keep a physical log of my books too. Again, I’m not sure how long this will last. I’m currently about 4 books behind. If it becomes too much of a chore, then I will give it up as I don’t want it to become something that is like work.
That’s my current set of Bookish Resolutions. Thank you to Steph for another lovely set of prompts.
What are your Bookish resolutions for 2022?